• Axiare completes the acquisition of the Cedro Building, headquarters of the consultancy firm Capgemini in Spain, for EUR 43.5 million. The office building comprises a gross lettable area (GLA) of 17,032 sqm and 381 parking spaces. • This sole-use office building is located in the Arroyo de la Vega office area in Madrid, a strategic area with excellent access to the A-1 motorway, the airport, Madrid’s CBD and its main ring roads. • The Socimi headed up by Luis López de Herrera-Oria, has also signed two new financing agreements with Banco Santander for EUR 34.2 million, bringing total financing received since its initial listing on the Stock Exchange to EUR 572 million. • The Company’s total financing cost (including opening costs, yearly spread and interest coverage) stands at 2.16%. Madrid, 1 February 2017. Axiare Patrimonio has completed two transactions that further strengthen its business plan. It has completed both the off-market acquisition of an office building and signed a financing agreement for more than EUR 34 million with Banco Santander, with which it plans to make further acquisitions. The Socimi headed up by Luis López de Herrera-Oria has completed the acquisition of the Cedro Building in Madrid for EUR 43.5 million. The office building, comprising a gross lettable area (GLA) of 17,032 sqm and 381 parking spaces, is almost entirely let to the international consultancy firm Capgemini. With the property currently close to a 90% occupancy level, this transaction will provide Axiare Patrimonio with an immediate income stream. The property is located on Calle Anabel Segura, in the Arroyo de la Vega area, where many major multinationals, such as ING, Toyota, Procter & Gamble, Indra, BP and Mercedes Benz have their headquarters. The property also benefits from direct access to the A-1 motorway and the airport. Madrid’s CBD and its main ring roads are all within easy reach. The CEO of Axiare Patrimonio confirmed “with this acquisition, Axiare Patrimonio is setting the pace for its investment strategy in 2017. We continue to acquire high quality properties at competitive prices and with significant potential for improvement under our expert management”. López de Herrera-Oria added: “The Cedro building is a very institutional product, thanks to its location, main tenant and its construction quality. This was an acquisition of a strategic property with very strong value uplift potential”. The size of Axiare Patrimonio’s property portfolio is currently circa EUR 1,350 million. 74% of the portfolio comprises office assets, of which almost half are in strategic locations in the CBDs of Madrid and Barcelona; 16% are logistics warehouses situated in key locations for goods distribution around Spain; and the remaining 10% are retail warehouses with high visitor footfalls. Axiare Patrimonio was advised by EY on the legal, technical and commercial side. The seller was advised by Garrigues on the legal side and Aguirre Newman and JLL on the brokerage side. Financing Axiare Patrimonio also has the full backing of the banks, which has been further demonstrated by two new financing agreements signed with Banco Santander. These will allow the Socimi to continue its growth strategy, bringing total bank financing since its initial listing on the Stock Exchange, to EUR 572 million. The new loans signed with Banco Santander have been agreed with highly flexible terms and conditions and at a very competitive interest rate, in line with the company’s financing strategy. The loans will provide EUR 34.2 million to the company and will be used to continue to expand and improve the existing portfolio. The CEO of Axiare Patrimonio noted: “Axiare Patrimonio’s financing structure is one of the most stable and competitive in the market. Since we first listed on the Stock Exchange two and a half years ago, we have signed financing agreements with various banks, primarily Banco Santander, ING and CaixaBank, which demonstrates their confidence in our portfolio and the company’s management”. For this financing agreement, Axiare Patrimonio received legal advisory services from Gómez-Acebo y Pombo, while Banco Santander was advised by Watson Farley & Williams.
- Axiare Patrimonio ends H1 2017 with a profit of EUR 114 million, 36% up y-o-y 27 July, 2017
- Axiare Patrimonio achieves its first LEED CS Platinum certification 25 July, 2017
- Axiare Patrimonio, the first RICS-regulated Socimi 11 July, 2017
- Axiare Patrimonio acquires phase two of its logistics project in San Fernando de Henares for EUR 38 million 30 June, 2017
- Axiare enters the final stages of the VIRTO development: Spain’s first office building with virtual assistant 27 June, 2017