• The portfolio acquired comprises four office properties, a logistics warehouse complex and a shopping centre located in the Community of Madrid.• The transaction adds a total of 78,983 sqm of lettable space and 1,402 parking spaces to Axiare Patrimonio’s prime property portfolio. Today the Socimi Axiare Patrimonio has signed an agreement with the Dutch fund Wereldhave in which the real estate company will acquire a property portfolio that the finance company owns in Spain, for €99.5 million.The portfolio acquired is comprised of extremely high-quality properties, in an excellent state of repair, located in the Community of Madrid. The portfolio comprises a total of 78,983 sqm of lettable space and 1,402 parking spaces, spread over three different property types: an office complex consisting of four buildings, located at Calle Avenida de la Vega, 15 (a highly established office area); another office building located at Calle Fernando El Santo 15, located in the heart of the CBD, just a few metres from the Paseo de la Castellana; a logistics warehouse complex located on Calle Maríano Benlliure in Rivas-Vaciamadrid, 20 minutes from the city centre; and the Planetocio Shopping Centre on Avda. Juan Carlos I in the Madrid town of Collado Villalba. The properties are currently let, with an average occupancy rate of 85%, which ensures them a high yield in the medium to long-term. With this transaction, in just two months Axiare Patrimonio has invested close to €170 million, i.e. 47% of the gross funds raised from its stock market flotation on 09 July this year. According to Luis López de Herrera-Oria, CEO of Axiare Patrimonio “this transaction is a significant milestone for our Socimi for three main reasons: firstly, because it is the first large transaction we have completed, secondly, because it perfectly meets our company’s investment strategy and thirdly, because it demonstrates the AAxiare Patrimonio team’s excellent work of building the Socimi from scratch. Our company will continue to work to position ourselves as one of the leading benchmarks in the Spanish real estate sector. The agreement signed today between Axiare Patrimonio and Wereldhave also includes an earn out/profit share mechanism based on the future performance of the portfolio, the margins of which will be distributed between both parties, improving the levels of return for investors and minimising potential risks on the transaction. CBRE and the law firm Garrigues advised Wereldhave on the transaction. Axiare Patrimonio was advised by Gómez Acebo & Pombo (Legal), CBRE (Agency) and RWA Arquitectos (Technical), in order to successfully complete the transaction.
- Axiare Patrimonio becomes the first Spanish real estate firm to receive a loan from the European Investment Bank 21 December, 2017
- Axiare Patrimonio sells Fernando el Santo for €30 million 20 December, 2017
- Axiare Patrimonio, awarded for Innovation at SAP Quality Awards 2017 14 December, 2017
- Axiare Patrimonio: 2017’s most sustainable office properties 12 December, 2017
- Axiare Patrimonio acquires an office property in Madrid for EUR 29.7 million 22 November, 2017